ANA: strengthening nursing’s voice at the national level
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care - issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, scope of practice and access to care.
- State lobbying through ANA-RI (RISNA) and nationwide state legislative agenda on issues vital to your scope of practice.
- Representing nursing where it matters, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and many others, right up to the White House.
- Speaking for nursing through the media including stories in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, 60 Minutes , NBC Nightly News, CNN, and NPR to name a few.
- Speaking for U.S nurses as the only U.S.A member of the International Council of Nurses and attending meetings of the World Health Organization.
RISNA: monitorings the issues in Rhode Island
- Protecting and safeguarding your Nursing Practice Act – one of the most important roles of ANA-RI (RISNA)
- Advocating for nurses in Rhode Island